We are in a unique and privileged position to offer specialist oncology physiotherapy and cancer rehabilitation, which is available to those of all ages with a cancer diagnosis. We welcome you for post-operative rehabilitation, for exercise support during treatment or if you’re living with cancer and want to know how best to stay strong and active. We will communicate with your medical team, following the latest research and guidelines to ensure treatment is appropriate wherever you are on your journey. Your initial consultation and bespoke assessment will help us develop an individualised plan to help you meet your goals and we can give you the advice and support you need to build your exercise routine in a way that feels safe and restorative. We also offer physiotherapy treatments such as soft tissue release and acupuncture to help with pain management and support your health and well-being.
Specialist areas that our Oncology Service can assist with include:
- Shoulder/neck/jaw/facial movement problems after head and neck cancer surgery
- Upper limb/body stiffness and weakness after breast cancer surgery
- Pre-habilitation (proactive physical preparation for cancer treatment through exercise)
- During- and Post-treatment rehabilitation supporting people through treatment and back to fitness, work and other valued activities after treatments including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone treatments, and surgery
- Managing difficult symptoms – breathlessness, fatigue, pain, loss of strength and fitness, altered balance and reduced independence.